Wyoming Dementia Care's Family Caregiver Service Program is designed to help families and caregivers of those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia-related illnesses care for their loved ones to create and sustain a better quality of life for both caregivers and care-receivers. We provide direct support services, encouragement, and access to resources to help caregivers meet the challenges of caring for their loved ones. Our goal is to provide a continuum of care from the first diagnosis of a dementia-related illness, including Alzheimer's, through the end of life decisions. Newly diagnosed clients and their loved ones come to Wyoming Dementia Care feeling overwhelmed and often in crisis or disbelief. They find compassionate staff ready to guide them through an initial understanding of dementia and then assistance throughout the trajectory of the disease process.
Wyoming Dementia Care is the only source in Natrona County that provides information and direct services to assist those who are caring for loved ones with Alzheimer and dementia-related illnesses. Services are free and caregivers are welcome to receive as many of our services they feel needed or useful. Those services include the following:
• Five weekly caregiver support groups are offered each month scheduled in the morning, afternoon and evening at three locations around the community for convenience. Respite care is provided at no cost through a partnership with a local home care provider.
• Therapeutic caregiver counseling with a local mental health provider is available.
• Recreational art classes for caregivers and their loved ones at a local art museum are offered to all our families.
• A take-home iPod-based "Music & Memory digital music technology program has also been an inspiring addition.
• Family care planning incorporates up-to-date information on Alzheimer and dementia that explore options for in-home and residential care. Assistance with long-term care plans are examined to provide appropriate decisions for best possible care.
• Outreach programs in our community are important to us. "SHARE" is an evidence based immersive care planning tool that is offered to the public. AFA-supported memory screenings are offered on a regular basis. Alzheimer's disease and care are often requested, free of charge, at local service clue, assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
Our mission is to help families and caregivers of those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia-related illnesses care for their loved ones. We provide direct services, support, encouragement, access to community resources and techniques to help caregivers meet the challenges of caring for their loved ones.