Join us, and help bring weekly nourishment and social connection into the lives of homebound seniors.
2017 was the busiest year in Store to Door's 28 year history. We served 640 homebound clients through 10,055 grocery deliveries and friendly visits, thanks to the time and talents of over 1,000 volunteers.
But we know there are many more seniors within our community who do not know how they will access their next meal or when they will receive their next visitor. This is why we are challenging ourselves to expand by 15% this year, while maintaining the same quality of service our current clients expect and deserve.
But we CANNOT do this alone. With YOUR help, we will serve 737 clients through 11,341 deliveries in 2018.
Money raised from this campaign will cover the additional supplies and hardware we need to grow. Every bit helps!
- $5 purchases a new tote used to transport and deliver individual grocery orders.
- $15 reimburses new volunteers for their weekly mileage expenses.
- $40 underwrites one food box delivery, a free program for our highest-need clients.
- $100 purchases a heavy-duty portable cart used by volunteers to transport multiple orders out to clients.
- $200 keeps our employees healthy by providing them with standing desk converters.
- $500 funds a new call station for our volunteers, including a phone, headset and other needed hardware and supplies.
- $1,000 covers the cost of replacing out-of-date computer equipment used by our volunteer order-takers.
Store to Door was founded in 1989 when people living in low-income senior housing in Northwest Portland, too frail to shop on their own, requested assistance from the community. Many received Meals on...read more
Store to Door supports independent living for Portland area seniors and people with disabilities by providing an affordable, personal, volunteer-based grocery shopping and delivery service. ...read more